Why Choose NorthTec
At NorthTec we understand that by choosing to leave your home to study overseas, you are embarking on a life-changing journey.
We want you to join the NorthTec family and get a taste of the Kiwi life.
Every year international students from around the world are attracted to our affordable education, great lifestyle and dedicated tutors.
High Quality Education
As a state-owned institute, NorthTec adheres to the high educational standards set by the New Zealand Government.
- All courses approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
- Largest provider of tertiary education north of Auckland
- Excellent academic reputation
- Affordable programmes
Internationally Recognised Qualifications
We offer over 100 valuable and exciting professional and technical qualifications.
- University-standard degree courses accredited to allow access to postgraduate studies at most universities around the world
- Diplomas highly regarded by New Zealand employers leading to many rewarding careers
- Certificates teaching skills in global demand and on the New Zealand Immigration Skills Shortage list
- Pathways into further study or employment through our Educational Partnerships
- Foundation courses and academic studies with pathways to mainstream qualifications
- English language courses to help you reach the English requirement of your chosen programme
Our teaching staff dedicated and passionate about their area of expertise.
- Years of experience and strong industry relationships
- Teaching ‘real world’ skills to help students secure employment
- Friendly and approachable partners in learning
- Passionate about teaching and learner success
Supportive Learning Environment
You will enjoy your studies in our great facilities and diverse learning community.
- Practical teaching approach with ‘real life’ projects
- Small class sizes giving students individual attention
- Signatory to The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021 to safeguard the welfare and safety of international students
- Dedicated International Team for the pastoral care and support of international students
- Help with CV preparations and job interviews to find employment in New Zealand.
Our International Student Pastoral Care Coordinator is available by 24/7, for emergencies and support with homesickness or culture shock. Available for call or text +64 27 886 4490 (Auckland students) or +64 27 704 8502 (Whangārei students)
Fantastic Campus Locations
You can choose to live and study in Auckland City or Whangārei in the ‘Winterless North’.
- Vibrant and diverse city lifestyle in central Auckland
- Safe, supportive, low-cost living environment in Whangārei only 2 hours from Auckland
- Opportunity to stay with real New Zealanders in Homestay