Our Whai Kaha Disability Support Team are here to discuss how we can support you to meet your needs and aspirations.
We also work with tutors and internal support services, to ensure that your experience is welcoming, respectful, accessible and inclusive.
Support we offer.
- One-on-one academic support.
- Meetings with Disability Coordinators, before you start and when you are enrolled.
- Reader-Writers for exams and assessments.
- Exam and assessment adjustments.
- Screening for Dyslexia.
- Discussions with internal services to find solutions to issues and
- Referral to internal and external agencies for support with funding and accessing resources.
Please be aware that we do not provide in class or workshop teacher aide support and the above services are an indication only. Specific supports will be discussed at initial meeting with an Academic Learning Advisor or Disability Coordinator.
All learners with disabilities/impairments are encouraged to contact Disability Support for further information before commencing study. This is to ensure a wraparound of your support needs are in place as required. Bring with you supporting documentation about your impairment and any information you have about your course including your timetable (if you already have this).
Appointments can be made via our learner portal.