Our next Graduation will be held on Friday 10th March 2023 at Forum North, Whangarei.
An email invitation will be sent out to all graduands eligible to graduate in late January 2023. If your contact details have changed and you wish to receive this email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, student ID number, email address and mobile number.
Family, whānau and guests
Your family and friends are warmly invited to attend your Graduation ceremony. Details to redeem your allocated tickets and to request additional tickets will be sent to Graduands in the Graduation packs.
Guests attending this ceremony are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony; this will allow for them to be seated to enjoy the procession of the official party and graduands into the ceremony. Please also note there is the opportunity to take both formal and informal photos with Graduands before and after the ceremony.
For whānau and friends unable to attend the event will be live streamed to our Facebook page.
Parking at Forum North is limited so please arrive early.
All participants attending this graduation ceremony are required to dress in a formal manner and appropriate attire should be worn. The following items are not appropriate for wear on the day: Jeans, singlets, extremely high heels, jandals, work boots, miniskirts or mini dresses. Please be mindful that the graduation gowns are very hot and heavy and you will therefore need to wear appropriate but cool attire.
Academic regalia is hired through a third party. Upon registration for Graduation your height and/or head circumference were requested as well as payment. These are for graduands regalia which is ordered by the Graduation Committee and ready for graduands to be dressed in prior to their ceremony.
Diploma Graduands are required to wear the following:
- Black Gown
Degree Graduands are required to wear the following Academic Dress:
- Black Gown
- Academic Colours
- Mortar board (hat)
Please return all regalia to the registration area by 4:30pm on the day of the ceremony.
All graduating students have the opportunity to join the Graduation march at 1 pm through the central business area. The march will depart from the Rose Gardens.
Progression across the stage
We ask that after you have accepted your award that you proceed down the stairs and return back to your allocated seat where you are to remain until the ceremony is complete.
Behavior during the ceremony
- No mobile phones are permitted at the ceremony
- Be respectful of your fellow students and stay seated and quiet during the ceremony
There will be professional photographers at the Graduation Ceremony. After the ceremony you may have individual, family and friends photographs taken by the photographers, which will then be available for purchase.
Graduation photographs and lists may be published in the media.
If you do not attend graduation
If you cannot attend your award or graduation ceremony there are a few options available.
- If you are unable to attend the ceremony, your award (certificate) will be sent out by post following the completion of both graduation ceremonies.
- If you RSVP’d to attend graduation but now cannot attend, please advise the Graduation officer by emailing email@example.com
- Days and dates are set for all programmes. You cannot change the date that you have been invited to graduate on.
If you require further information, contact the Graduation Officer on 0800 808 856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcripts and awards
An academic transcript is the formal and complete record of your results and qualification gained at NorthTec. You will receive your final academic transcript when you complete your qualification and the cost is included in your course fees. Most students will receive this at graduation.
You can request an additional or replacement of your academic transcript at any time prior to or after graduation. This will be a complete record of all your confirmed results up to the date of the request. There is a $25.00 charge for this additional or replacement official polytechnic document.
The request for an additional or replacement academic transcript may be made:
- By phone: Call NorthTec Registry on 0800 808 856. You will need to provide your student ID number, full name and date of birth. Following payment, your transcript will be mailed to you.
- By email: Email your full name, student ID number, date of birth and credit card details to Registry@northtec.ac.nz. Your transcript will be mailed to you.
- In person: Visit the Registry desk at NorthTec Raumanga Campus with your student ID number, make your payment and your transcript can either be mailed to you or you will be notified when it is ready for collection. There is a maximum of 5 working days turnaround time.
Please note: if you have outstanding fees or charges owing to the NorthTec, you will not receive your transcript or your award until these have been paid.
When you graduate you will receive a certificate to demonstrate your completion in the qualification. You will receive your award in person if you attend graduation, or it will be posted to you if you graduate “in absentia”. It is very important that you supply Registry with your correct current postal address.
To replace an award you need to complete an Application for Award Replacement (form reference R034). Contact Registry@northtec.ac.nz or the application form which details the process and costs involved.