Library – Te Whare Pukapuka
Te Whare Hauora – Student Health and Wellbeing Services
- A-Z Information Guide for Students
- Student Financial Guide
- Making things better at NorthTec – Guide to Student Concerns, complaints and Academic Appeals
- Kaitaia – Oxford Street
- Kaitaia – Redan Road
- Kerikeri – Te Pou o Manako
- Whangārei – Future Trades
- Whangārei – Raumanga
Digital Learning Support
- How to login to NorthNet
- How to Self-enrol or use an Enrolment key
- Moodle Web App Setup Instructions
- Learning Online - How to use NorthNet Moodle Course
- Navigating your Dashboard and Course Page
- Submitting your NorthNet (Non-Turnitin) Assignment
- Submitting your Turnitin Assignment
- Updating your Profile
Communications – Zoom, Forums and Chatrooms
- How to manage forum notifications
- Updating your notification preference settings
- Using a Chat Room
- Posting to a Forum
Please see here for a full list of learner policies and regulations.
Concerns, Complaints and Academic Appeals
NorthTec aims to provide a learning environment of mutual respect and courtesy. We encourage you to raise any matters that concern you or affect your ability to study here. It is important that any concerns or complaints are resolved quickly so you can continue your education and training free of worry or distress.
NorthTec has a Student Concerns and Complaints policy. Please use this policy to help make the things that concern, or bother you, better.
Steps for making it better:
- Outline the issue – Clearly identify the extent of the problem, and think about the improvements you would like to see happen. You may contact a Navigator in the Student Support Service or International teams to help you through the process of raising your concern.
- Raise a Concern – You can talk informally with the student or staff member responsible in an attempt to resolve the problem yourself. You may have a support person with you, or you may ask a support person to talk to the student or staff member on your behalf.
- Report a Concern – If you and the student or staff member have not been able to resolve your concern, report your concern to their tutor or manager. You can do this yourself, or have a support person report it on your behalf.
- Make a Formal Complaint – Still no better? Too serious for the above process? You may wish to lodge a formal complaint by contacting the Student Complaints Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may have a support person make a formal complaint on your behalf, or assist you to make the complaint.
Postal address for complaints:
Student Complaints Officer
Private Bag 9019
Whangarei Mail Centre 0148
Make sure you keep a copy of your complaint.