COVID-19 Vaccination Status
NorthTec requires all ākonga (learners) to be fully vaccinated or have a Ministry of Health-approved vaccine exemption. This applies to any NorthTec site, including off-campus learning that involves face-to-face interaction. Anyone coming onto NorthTec sites or using NorthTec vehicles must be able to show their My Vaccine Pass, and this must be recorded. There are some fully-online programmes that do not involve any campus access or face-to-face staff contact, which therefore do not require vaccination. For full policy details, visit our COVID-19 updates page.
Your My Vaccine Pass can be uploaded here so we can log and match the required data against your student record. Please note, the vaccine pass is deleted in accordance to Privacy Act and is not held on file. Alternatively, you can show your My Vaccine Pass to NorthTec enrolment staff prior to the start of classes or orientation activities.
Proof of Identity
You are required to provide documents to verify your identity and citizenship. Your enrolment cannot be confirmed until we have sighted complete documentary evidence of your full legal name, date of birth and citizenship. Acceptable documents include
- Birth Certificate, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship (with place of birth stated as New Zealand, Cook Islands, Tokelau, Niue, or Australia).
- Overseas Passport with residency stamp, work permit or student permit for international students.
- Certificate of Identity (from the New Zealand Immigration Service).
- Marriage Certificate or Deed Poll declaration (for change of legal name only).
- Statement of Whakapapa: A verified copy of a whakapapa statement is acceptable only when a birth certificate cannot be obtained. Both the learner and a kaumatua must sign the whakapapa as evidence of identity and citizenship.
Please upload documents in these formats: pdf, doc, docx, jpg, gif, png. Images should be cropped and/or on a plain background (e.g. no furniture in the background)